Hello Everyone If you’re underweight and looking to gain weight, it’s very important to do it right.
11 Foods to gain weight quickly
- Start your day with a hearty breakfast and have an extra slice or two of whole-grain toast with peanut butter, which is calorie-dense and high in fat and protein. Two tablespoons of peanut butter have about 200 calories. Opt for natural peanut butter brands over options containing added sugar. Almond butter and other types of nut and seed butters are also healthy choices for gaining weight since they’re protein-packed and have plenty of healthy fats.
- Avocados are widely known as a superfood since they’re loaded with healthy fat and fiber and a great source of protein. They’re a great choice for a weight-gaining diet. Take your avocado toast game up a notch with a fried or poached egg for a double dose of protein and additional calories.
- Avoid drinking 30 minutes before a meal. Liquids can fill you up, making it harder for you to finish a full meal. Wait until after you have finished eating to get a drink.
- When you are preparing food, think of some creative ways to bump up the calorie count. Could your sandwich use a slice of cheese? How about poaching an egg in your reheated soup? Drizzle olive oil on your vegetables, or sprinkle seeds, nuts, or cheese on your salad.
- Instead of filling up on celery and other watery vegetables, eat vegetables with some calories. Avocados have healthy fat and are a versatile ingredient. Starchy vegetables like potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, and corn can help you gain weight as well. Fruits like bananas, blueberries, grapes, and mangoes can give you calories and fiber.
- Milk has been used as a weight gainer or muscle builder for decades . It provides a good balance of proteins, carbs, and fats and is a good source of calcium, as well as other vitamins and minerals .For those trying to add more muscle, milk is an excellent protein source that provides both casein and whey proteins. Research has even shown it can help you add muscle when combined with weightlifting .
- Dried fruit is a high calorie snack that also provides antioxidants and micronutrients .You can get many different types of dried fruit, and they all have a naturally high sugar content. This makes them great for gaining weight, especially since they’re convenient to eat and taste great.
- Red meat is a rich source of protein that helps to build your muscles and increase your weight. It contains leucine and creatine, nutrients that play a significant role in boosting muscle mass. Steak and other red meats contain both protein and fat, which promote weight gain. Both fatty and lean muscles provide proteins that can help you to gain weight. One of the best sources is fat beef dishes – brisket.
- Healthy oils are extremely calorie dense and do not come with the downsides of other unhealthy oils. You can add these oils to salad dressing, as a seasoning base or for cooking. Avocado oil, Extra Virgin Olive oil and Coconut oil are three healthy oils that can help increase your calorie intake. Another method to incorporate healthy oil into your diet is to add one of these oils with a small amount of butter to your morning coffee. It’s trendy, yummy and healthy!
- You can add your choice of rice/chapati as preferred and have it with fish, chicken, vegetables. A bowl of chicken soup with corn may also be added. SNACKS: Dried fruits have a great potential in helping gain weight. A handful of almonds, cashews or walnuts every day may be a healthy snacking option. Seeds like sunflower seeds can be enjoyed as well. Whole-grain crackers with hummus dip serve as a great snack option.
There are many foods and supplements available that help you to gain weight. But, instead of trying to gorge yourself with masses of sweet or fatty foods, choose high-calorie foods that provide energy and build muscle mass without all of the unhealthy fats that can cause you harm. Regular, age-appropriate exercise along with a healthy and calorie-rich diet is the best way to put on weight in a healthy manner. Avoid snacking between meals, ensure that you’re always hydrated and stick to your healthy, nutritious diet only. You’ll need a little perseverance but gaining weight is not a sprint, it takes patience and the results will be worth the wait.
Disclaimer: The information included at this site is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment by a healthcare professional. Because of unique individual needs, the reader should consult their physician to determine the appropriateness of the information for the reader’s situation.