MBA is a 2 year professional postgraduate degree course that focuses on fundamentals of modern management, thus providing students with a comprehensive understanding of business while developing leadership and soft skills to implement that knowledge. MBA is the most popular postgraduate business course among individuals who are looking for managerial level jobs. MBA Full Form is Master of Business Administration. Students can study MBA after completing any kind of UG course like BCom, BBA, BTech, MBBS, BCA, BSc, Bachelor of Arts etc.
MBA Admission takes place through MBA Entrance Exams. The minimum eligibility criteria to seek MBA Admission is 50% in bachelors (5% relaxation is available in some MBA colleges), however top MBA colleges in India such as IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore or IIM Calcutta require a minimum of 60% for MBA Admissions. Students will need to clear GD/PI rounds after clearing the MBA entrance Exams. MBA Entrance Exams are CAT, MAT, GMAT, XAT, SNAP among others.
Full Time MBA is the most popular type of MBA (Master of Business Administration) course pursued by students in India. The MBA Syllabus is the most market-oriented as compared to other Masters’ Courses. MBA Subjects include Marketing Management, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Strategic Management, etc.
Table of Contents
An MBA can enhance your marketability as a professional and increase the quality and quantity of job opportunities. Over 98% of Wharton MBA graduates are extended full-time job offers. An MBA also helps you build business leadership skills, as well as a professional network. Wharton graduates are part of an extensive alumni community — over 99,000 strong in 153 countries. Learn more about the value of a Wharton MBA.
MBA Course Details
- MBA Eligibility is that students must have 50% in graduation. Students from any background can study MBA after clearing MBA entrance exam.
- MBA Admission takes place through MBA Entrance Exams. These entrance exams can be either University level or National Level entrance Exam. Some of the University Level MBA entrance exams include SNAP, NMAT or XAT. National Level MBA Entrance exams include CAT, MAT or GMAT.
- MBA Duration depends on the type of MBA the student has chosen. Full Time MBA is 2 years, Executive MBA is 1 year, Distance MBA is 2 years which acn be extended, Online MBA is also 1 year duration.
- Types of MBA include Full Time 2 year MBA, Online MBA, Distance MBA and Executive MBA. Students with more than 5 years of experience generally go for Executive MBA. Students also have the option of pursuing an One-Year MBA which also requires working experience but is very different from normal executive MBA.
- In India the MBA fees range from INR 2,50,000 to INR 30,00,000. MBA Fees in Top MBA Colleges in India like Top IIMs and XLRI, Management Development Institute ranges from INR 15,00,000 to INR 27,00,000. Top Colleges with low MBA Fees include FMS Delhi or GGSIPU where the fees for Master of Business Administration range from INR 59,000 to 1,94,000. Check; Top IIMs in India
- The MBA Syllabus is divided into six semesters for a 2 year duration. MBA Syllabus depends largely on the specialization chosen by the student. The core MBA subjects like Financial Accounting, Organisational Behaviour, Financial Markets and Valuation are same for all full time MBA students.
- Various management courses are available in India apart from MBA like PGDM, PGPM, PGD and PGP. Check: PGDM vs MBA
- The top 3 IIMs in India provide a holistic view of management rather than concentrating on specializations. Apart from them all other IIMs and Management schools in India provide Master of Business Administration in various specializations. Top MBA Specializations in India include MBA Marketing, MBA finance, MBA in HR, MBA in Hospital Management or MBA in Business Analytics.
- Students get various jobs after completing an MBA course. The MBA jobs mainly depend on the specialization chosen by the student and mostly managerial jobs are preferred after an MBA degree. Check; MBA Salary
- The placements after MBA depends on the MBA College. Top MBA Colleges provide an average MBA Placement for around INR 15,00,000.
- There are 7 IITs that offer Master of Business Administration(MBA) through their Department of Management Studies. Check: MBA From IITs.
MBA Admission Process
MBA Admission takes place through MBA entrance exams which can be All India entrance Exams like CAT, MAT, GMAT or MBA entrance Exams conducted by Universities like SNAP, XAT, NMAT. See: MBA Admission 2022
MBA Admissions are based on the group discussion and personal interview post the entrance exam for MBA. The institutes use GD/PI to examine each candidate’s attributes that cannot be measured by their academic score or admission exam result (CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, SNAP).
MBA Eligibility criteria might vary from college to college, but the overall gist is the same.
- Students must complete their graduation. Students who are in the final year of graduation can also apply provided a provision certificate is submitted.
- Students must have a minimum of 50% in graduation in order to study Master of Business Administration. Top institutes like IIMs and IITs ask for 60%in graduation.
- Students belonging to the reserved categories like OBC, SC and ST get 5% relaxation in the percentage asked in some MBA colleges.
These are the basic requirements for Master of Business Administration course admission in India, but some colleges ask for more, like work experience.
- XLRI Jamshedpur gives a big preference to students who have work experience along with XAT performance, extracurricular activities as well as academic background.
- SP Jain Mumbai (SPJIMR) gives preference to students with work experience although it is not mandatory.
- IIT Bombay asks for a mandatory 4 years of graduation course, and not 3.
- For IIT Kharagpur admission, students need to have either completed their 4 years of graduation or should have done a masters in Science, Economics, or Commerce.
MBA Entrance Exams
Broadly speaking, there are 9 popular National Level MBA entrance exams in India for MBA admission. They are CAT, CMAT, MAT, XAT, NMAT, SNAP, ATMA and GMAT. Then are the State Level Exams like MAH CET, TANCET, PGCET, KMAT which will help you get into MBA colleges in Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu etc.
Best Colleges for MBA
- IIM Bangalore
- IIM Calcutta
- ISB (Indian School of Business)
- IIM Lucknow
- FMS Delhi
- SPJIMR Mumbai
- XLRI Xavier School of Management
- IIM Indore
- MDI Gurgoan – Management Development Institute
- IIM Ahmedabad
Best Private Colleges for MBA
- Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur
Address: Rivers Meet Road, Circuit House Area, East, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand 831001
Phone: 0657 665 3333
2) Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
Address: Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana 500032
Phone: 040 2300 7000
3) S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
Address: Inside Bhavans College Campus, Munshi Nagar, Dadabhai Road, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400058
Phone: 022 2623 7454
4) Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
Address: Plot Number 5, Knowledge Park 2, NCR, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201306
Phone: 093550 24501
5) Symbiosis School of Business Management, Pune
Address: Symbiosis Knowledge Village, Gram Lavale, Tal Mulshi, Pune, Maharashtra 412115
Phone: 020 2811 6000
6) Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
Address: V. L. Mehta Road, Vile Parle, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400056
Phone: 022 4235 5555
7) Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
Address: Dr. Bala V. Balachandar Campus, East Coast Road,Manamai Village, Thirukazhukundram Taluk, Kancheepuram District, Manamai, Tamil Nadu 603102
Phone: 044 3080 9000
8) International Management Institute, Delhi
Address: B 10, Tara Crescent, Block B, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi, Delhi 110016
Phone: 011 4719 4100
9) TA Pai Management Institute, Manipal
Address: Badagabettu Road, Manipal, Karnataka 576104
i hope this article is helpful for us.